Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stuff I learn.

A treat for you readers today! I take a break from the mullings and musings that characterize my posts and share with you the fruit of some spare-time labors. I've been hard at work crafting some amazing pieces of awesomeness that I think you will enjoy. 

First up, as a HUGE halo fan, I decided to undertake the GINORMOUS project of recreating spartan armor. Being over daunted with that task, I settled to make a weaponized prop instead - my personal favorite weapon from Halo Reach; the Pistol! Below you can see the painstaking detail as the pistol takes shape from its cardstock shell into a fully colored amazing piece!

Cool beans right!? Well, not being satisfied with my mechanized amazingness, I decided to go old school and try my hand at an iconic classic - Link's Shield!

This was, comparably, an intensely easy build. In just a week's time this shield was fully formed and decorated and now adorns my wall! Enjoy the transformation pics and the final display!



This has been the constant filler of my free time (since no girl has taken it upon herself to steal my amazing talents for herself) and you get to enjoy the yielded amazing products from my hobby!

Suggestions for something you'd like to see me make? Offers of some sort of currency in trade for one of my amazing builds? Leave some comments! Love to hear what you think!

3 comments:

  1. You are very talented! You could make props for parties or demonstrations! :) Say, something for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make me a Darth Vader helmet for me to display in my new house... Just saying. It could be a birthday present. OOOH or a life-size storm trooper... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an aspiring prop master :D Still MUCH to learn in the areas of paint and glue... trial and error is my valuable friend. I say "valuable" but I mean "expensive."

    ReplyDelete